Living Learning Communities (LLC)
Resident students! Here are some great opportunities for you!
Join one of our Living Learning Communities (LLCs). LLCs at Central Connecticut State University are on-campus communities designed for students with a common interest or academic focus.
CCSU is committed to providing on-campus Living Learning Communities. Each LLC was created with a common academic or personal interest. These communities will have a detailed program each semester to enhance academic, social, psychological, and personal success. Each community will connect students who share similar scholarly interests, mentoring needs, or resource requirements. Students will participate in similar classes while creating a platform to collaborate with classmates, faculty, and advisors. The benefits of becoming part of an LLC will enrich your overall college experience.
LLCs available for 2022-2023:
Benefits of an LLC
- Easier transition into college life
- Access to resources to maintain higher GPAs
- Make friends quickly with people who share common interests and goals
- Earn and receive free #ResLifeSwag
- Connect to campus services that contribute to your health and wellness
- Develop a support network with other students, advisors, and professors
- Increased faculty and staff contact outside the classroom
- Develop and refine leadership skills
Expectations and Requirements
- Live in the residence hall for your designated LLC
- For Academic LLCs: Must meet the academic prerequisites of the LLC course(s)
- Participate in LLC programs and activities
- Have fun!
How to enroll into an LLC
- Review the options above
- Pay your housing deposit
- During room selection, select into the residence hall where the LLC of your choice is located (based on 1st come, 1st served openings, per building)
- Once housing selection and class registration is completed, you are then enrolled into the LLC
- When you arrive, and move into your LLC residence hall, the program will begin!