The Office of Victim Advocacy is an on-campus resource for people who have been impacted by interpersonal violence, which can include (but is not limited to) sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
- Information about civil protection orders, restraining orders, and victims’ rights.
- Assistance with accommodating academic, living, transportation, and working needs.
- Professional advocacy services for students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides information on different options available to address safety and other concerns.
- Assists in the navigation of different reporting systems.
- Provides referrals to campus or community entities depending on individual needs.
- Collaborates with other offices at CCSU to develop meaningful violence prevention initiatives for the benefit of the entire campus community and to assess the impact.
- Training for students, faculty, and staff
- Title IX training
- Bringing in the Bystander training
- Volunteer and internship opportunities