The following link will present the latest revision to the Connecticut State University System and BOR System Office Travel Procedures Manual, effective July 1, 2023.
Highlighted changes to the travel manual and policies effective July 1, 2023 include the following:
- Clarified terminology under new CSCU system
- Added System Office personnel as users of the revised Travel Manual
- Timeframe for traveler to report expenses extended from 15 to 30 days
- Requires approved travel authorization for travel-related P-Card purchases
- Clarifies travel between campuses at WCSU is not reimbursable
- Clarifies use of Policy Exception Form
- Removes use of the State travel agent as preferred outlet and allows more flexibility for employees to find lowest commercial travel fare
- Clarifies that travel via express train (e.g., the Acela) is not reimbursable beyond the cost of the lowest-cost option mode of rail travel
- Clarifies that all other travel supplier a la carte services (i.e. upgrades, early bird check-in, on-board shopping, etc.) are not reimbursable. Additional flight insurance is also not reimbursable.
Comments or suggestions on current travel polices can be sent to the CCSU Travel Help Desk at 860.832.2580 or CCSUTravelHelpDesk@ccsu.edu.
Last Updated 10/18/2023