How To Buy



How To Buy

The majority of the goods and services purchased at CCSU are available on existing DAS contracts. Visit the Department of Administrative State Contracting Portal to search for contracts by vendor name or key word.

Here are some vendor names and phone numbers for some commonly purchased items. This is by no means a complete list. If you have a question about a particular vendor, or a product or service not listed here, please call Purchasing and we'll be glad to help. 

Note that vendors listed with the SBE, MBE, or WBE suffix are registered small, minority, or woman owned businesses. CCSU is committed to promoting utilization of set-aside (SBE), minority (MBE), and woman owned (WBE) business enterprises, encourages departments to use these businesses as much as possible. Please follow this link to the State's Supplier Diversity site to search for registered SBE/MBE/WBE companies by company name or key word.


Want to buy office or lounge furniture? Call

John Watts Associates, Hartford, CT (860) 310-2701 (ask for Jeff Watts)

Insalco, Wallingford, CT (203) 269-1238 (ask for Harry Gruss)

WB Mason, East Windsor, CT (860) 573-2671 (ask for John Nesta)

Robert H Lord Co, Manchester CT (860) 512-2125 or (860) 908-7803 (ask for Julie)

Aram A. Kaz Company, Wethersfield, CT (860) 529-6900 (ask for Gary)

Bartholomew Contract Interiors, Hartford CT (860) 522-5555 (ask for Josh Erlich) 

Any of these folks would be glad to visit your site, bring catalogs and fabric samples, and use their experience to quote contract furniture that will suit your needs and will fit your room (and fit through the door!). Let the experts assist you with these purchases as much as possible.

Does your furniture only need a 'refresh' (new fabric? refinishing?) Call Bob Pescetelli at CEC (860) 263-6845. Get the look of new for 1/3 the price!

Want to buy computers, printers or peripheral equipment?
Contact the IT Help Desk at x.21720 or

IT can ably assist you in getting pricing on all computer related equipment, from printers and computers to zip drives and scanners. Keep in mind that technology and prices change frequently, so check with IT for all the latest and greatest. If you're looking for accessories or supplies and you know what you need, call

Next Generation Technology, (860) 456-3309 (ask for Patricia) (or email


O'Sullivan's Computers, (941) 966-0002 (ask for Patrick) (or email


Want to buy Media related equipment?
Call Chad Valk at the Media Center, x.22035 The Media Center acts as the University resource for equipment and vendor selection for media related equipment, and Chad, as the Digital Media Production Coordinator, will ensure that you get the latest technology that meets your needs and is compatible with University standards.


Want to buy carpeting or window treatments?
Call Rene Karas at Facilities Management, x.22301. Facilities Management is responsible for, among other things, the exterior and interior of every building on campus, and need to be involved in these purchases from start to finish. They may be aware of related issues like upcoming scheduled renovations or moves which may affect decisions to purchase now or wait.


Want to buy electrical appliances? 
Fill out the electrical requirement form and forward it to Joe Starzyk in East Hall.

Joe will make sure you don’t pop any circuits when you plug in your new purchase. Please contact Joe BEFORE you buy. There are many areas of campus that are at their limits for electrical supply, and a single additional desk fan can cause an electrical outage.


Want to buy on-site document shredding services? Call
Infoshred, LLC (WBE)
330 Nutmeg Road South 
P.O. Box 770
South Windsor, CT 06074
(860) 610-9069 (ask for Stacey J. DiPiazza)


Want to buy business cards?
CCSU has an agreement with John W. Gross Co for customized business cards, letterhead, envelopes etc. Their CCSU site is hosted by Dupli Graphics in Syracuse, NY.
Access it at 

The ordering is very similar to what we're used to. Enter "ccsu" (lower case, no quotes) in the Account Code field. In the User name field, enter the portion of your CCSU email address that precedes the @ sign. First time users will then be asked create a password.If you cannot get in, please contact me at


Want to buy printing services? Call

Barile Printers, LLC. (SBE)
43 Viets St.
New Britain, CT 06050
(860) 224-0127 (ask for Joe Barile)

Hitchcock Printers (SBE)
191 John Downey Dr.
New Britain, CT 06051
(860) 229-2024 

Paladin Commercial Printers

300 Hartford Ave

Newington CT 06111 

(860)953-4900 (ask for Matt)


Want to buy or lease a copier?
If the copier will be networked (hooked up to one or more computers), please contact Amy Kullgren at ITS, x21719 BEFORE any decision is made.

For "regular" stand-alone and walk-up copiers, call 

A & A Office Systems (SBE)
909 Middle St.
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 635-5053 (ask for Jay Nkonoki)

Ryan Business Systems (WBE)
455 Governor's Hwy.
S Windsor, CT 06074
(800) 842-1916 (ask for Jack Grezel)