The Purchasing Card is designed to be used for University business related purchases only. Use of the card for personal purchases is strictly prohibited. Authorized use of the Purchasing Card shall be limited to the person whose name appears on the face of the card. The Purchasing Card cannot be loaned to other individuals. The Purchasing and Accounts Payable departments are responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the Purchasing Card Program and user compliance with the procedures outlined in this manual.
How it Works
The Purchasing Card simplifies the procurement and disbursement process by facilitating point-of-demand procurement. Purchasing authority is delegated to the ordering departments enabling the authorized cardholders to place an order directly with the suppliers. Use of the Purchasing Card will, in no way, affect or change your personal credit history.
Benefits to the Cardholder/Department:
- Obtain goods and services faster and easier.
- Significantly reduces the workload related to the purchase and payment of goods and services.
- No purchase order is required; therefore, no typing and tracking of individual purchase requisitions and receiving reports are required.
- Receive orders within days instead of weeks.
- Significantly reduces the clerical and approval processing time.
- Provides end users with greater autonomy.
When a purchase is requested by the vendor at the point-of-sale, the MasterCard system validates the transaction against pre-set limits established by the University. All transactions are approved or declined [instantaneously] based on the following Purchasing Card authorization criteria:
- Number of transactions allowed per day - Twenty 
- Number of transactions allowed per billing cycle - One Hundred 
- Purchase limit per transaction - Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars [$2,500]
- Spending limit per billing cycle - Ten Thousand Dollars [$10,000]
- Splitting a transaction/purchase over $2,500 is not allowed.
*Exemptions to the above limitations may be granted on a case-by-case basis upon the approval of PurchasingCard@ccsu.edu as well as requesting an increase to the purchasing card limits.
The Purchasing Card represents the University's trust in you and your empowerment as a responsible employee of the University to safeguard and protect our assets. As a cardholder, you assume the responsibility for the protection and proper use of the Purchasing Card.