After being admitted to CCSU, you are considered a pre-BS student in Exercise Science. Students apply to our Department of Physical Education and Human Performance Professional Program.
To apply, you must meet all the Criteria for Admission to the Exercise Science Professional Program, which include:
- Completed 45 hours total, of which 15 hours are at CCSU.
- A minimum of 2.50 Cumulative GPA.
- A minimum of 2.70 GPA in Exercise Science major courses
- Successful completion of the following courses: EXS 109 plus 7 additional credits of EXS courses. Courses must be completed before full admission is granted.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (signed originals) from persons able to testify candidate's suitability as a professional in the exercise science field. Avoid seeking letters from family friends.
- Submit an essay demonstrating the command of the English language, describing in written narrative the reasons for wanting to enroll in the Professional Program, emphasizing experiences which are relevant to exercise science.
- NOTE: We reserve the right to seek recommendations from faculty concerning candidates for admission.
Professional Program application and supporting material are due during the Fall semester (September 10th) or Spring semester (February 10th).
Applications and supporting material must be submitted online using Taskstream. Start your application early to ensure you meet the admission criteria and have all supporting materials in place.
Taskstream DRF Codes
Exercise Science Professional Program Application
EXS 450/470 Application
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Harackiewicz.