Central to Creative Movement.
CCSU’s BS/BA in Dance Education develops students’ knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed for pursuing either business-based dance careers or PK to grade 12 teaching careers.
Graduates prepare to teach dance at the highest level. Students show evidence of possessing a strong, well-rounded background in dance pedagogy, history, research, learning theory, and practicum to become highly qualified teaching artists.
- State’s only dance program specializing in dance education
- Powerful amalgam of dance, education, business, and marketing
- Courses taught by faculty knowledgeable in various dance education fields, ranging from ballet to ballroom and from absolute beginner to professional
- Learn from regionally and internationally acclaimed guest artists
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Learn and apply the latest teaching and dance techniques
- Chances to perform on- and off-campus
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available