Central to Influencing Healthy Activity.
Students in Central’s Physical Education for Teacher Certification Program will become qualified physical educators for elementary and secondary schools in Connecticut. Students are provided with a variety of classroom learning experiences as well as experiential learning opportunities with partner school districts.
Candidates learn up-to-date teaching techniques and apply them in authentic school environments. Emphasis is placed on integration of cross-curricular teaching, technology, and teaching strategies to improve physical literacy.
- Students have the option of cross endorsement in Health Education
- Courses taught by highly qualified and skilled faculty with PK-12 teaching experience
- Hands-on learning through field experiences in courses throughout the program
- Dynamic faculty who are directly involved and serve with state, regional and national organizations
- Community engagement and service-learning opportunities
- Student involvement in professional organizations and research
- Experience working with students with disabilities in physical education and movement settings
- Individualized attention from course instructors through small class sizes
The physical education teacher preparation program is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).