Peer tutoring creates a comfortable, supportive atmosphere for students to practice their skills and work towards mastery of the content material. Peer tutors possess experience and knowledge in a subject area, exceptional study skills, and are able to use that experience and knowledge to guide others.
Tutors can help you:
- Interpret and clarify specific course concepts
- Identify other resources such as prerequisite texts, courses, online support, and faculty
- Review past exams to improve preparation for future exams
Tutors will not be able to:
- Help you cram for tests
- Correct or help with graded assignments - instead can help with similar problems
- Reenact the professor's lecture - go to class!
Before coming to tutoring you should:
- Be prepared with lecture notes and textbooks
- Have tried the material on your own
- Have questions ready