The Accounting Department reports to the Chief Budget and Compliance Officer and works closely with the auditors to create the financial statements for the University. Other responsibilities include:
- Completing the University's spending plan and various financial reports for the University, and state and federal agencies;
- Reconciliating cash and appropriation ledgers;
- Overseeing capitalization and depreciation of assets;
- Posting journal vouchers and revenue portion of transfer invoices;
- Reviewing proper coding of financial documents;
- Maintaining chart of accounts; and
- Overseeing access to the Banner financial module.