If you are an English major, you will be assigned an advisor from the department faculty. This usually happens when you declare your major. In order to register, you will need a PIN (Personal Identification Number). The only way to receive a PIN is to meet with your advisor, so be sure to schedule an appointment with your advisor during the advising period.
How do I run a degree evaluation?
How do I find out who my advisor is?
Log into your Central Pipeline account.
How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
If you do not receive an e-mail from your advisor with instructions, go to your advisor’s office to sign up for an appointment. There will be a sign-up sheet on their door. Read the directions carefully and make sure you write down the appointment time and date - don’t lose it!
Before your appointment, be sure to:
- Prepare a curriculum sheet and/or degree evaluation.
- Review the requirements for both General Education and the English major.
- Read the English area requirements for Spring 2024.
- Think in advance about courses you need and want to take.
- Review the course offerings available in Central Pipeline.
- Questions about your requirements? Use the catalog dating from when you matriculated.