Central to Expression Through Words.
CCSU’s BA in English prepares students for careers in law, digital and social media, public relations, corporate writing, marketing, business, medical writing, publishing, research, screenwriting and more.
Our BS program prepares teachers for elementary through high school, and our placement rate and reputation are among the top in the state. Join us and learn the skills that employers value and that enrich a well-lived life.
- Small classes with engaged and diverse faculty
- Internship opportunities
- Student opportunities to write, publish, and read their works
- Study abroad experiences
- Accelerated program option to complete the BA and MA in five years
- Minors available in Creative Writing, Writing and Publishing, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Descriptive Linguistics, Cinema Studies, and American Studies
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available