Application to the Social Work Program
Application to the Social Work Program is done online through Taskstream. Students should purchase a Taskstream account by logging into their CCSU Blackboard Learn account at - https://ct-ccsu.blackboard.com/webapps/login/
- Click on the Taskstream@CCSU link at the top, right corner.
- Click on "Renew Subscription"
- Answer on-screen questions. After selecting your university, you will be prompted to select your "school."Please select School of Education and Professional Studies. Under group, select "Students."
- Select subscription rate that best fits your needs. As an applicant to the program, you may wish to purchase a Taskstream account for one semester only.
Applicants will need to upload or scan the items listed below into Taskstream in order to complete the application. Upon admission to the Social Work Program, additional semesters of Taskstream will need to be purchased in order to submit course assignments and to apply for the Field Education Experience in the final year of the program. For the most accurate information regarding application materials be sure to log into Taskstream and review the left-hand menu of requirements needed for submission.
- An official transcript from every college/university attended by the applicant. Transcripts should be obtained directly from the college or university previously attended. NOTE: Unofficial copies of CCSU transcripts are acceptable.
- Current Degree Evaluation
- Transfer students only:Transfer Student Reference Form completed by the previous institutions’ Social Work/Human Services program director/coordinator and scanned into Taskstream.
You will also need to create a “folio” in Taskstream to include the following items:
- Personal Narrative
- Course syllabi from all Social Work courses: SW 100 (if applicable), SW 225, SW 226, and SW 227. NOTE: Transfer students should include related course syllabi from other institutions.
- Graded course assignments from all Social Work courses: SW 100 (if applicable), SW 225, SW 226, and SW 227. NOTE: Transfer students should include related course assignments and evaluations from other institutions and/or copies of portfolio material.
- 70-Hour Volunteer Generalist Practice Evaluation(s). NOTE: Transfer students should include related evaluations from other institutions.
- Documentation of participation in campus or community events, activities, workshops, conferences, and/or trainings. (e.g., certificates, flyers, handouts, pamphlets, letters, or evaluations may be uploaded as evidence).
- Current resume
The Social Work Department faculty review each student application portfolio in Taskstream to assess student preparedness to be admitted to the Social Work Program. Accepted and conditionally accepted students must attend a mandatory orientation meeting before the beginning of the next semester. At this orientation, attendees will meet with the Social Work faculty, the Department Chairperson, and student officers of the Social Work Club and Social Work National Honor Society. Attendees are informed on the Program policies, requirements, fieldwork expectations, and assessments. This is an opportunity for attendees to meet their peers and Social Work faculty, ask questions about the program, the application process, and/or entrance to the Program.