The following scholarships are available for School of Engineering and Technology students. Follow the links below for more information. If you have any questions, please contact the Dean's Office 860.832.1800.
American Welding Society - National Scholarships
NSF-funded Scholarships for Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics (CSMP) Majors
Every year CSMP scholarship program awards up to 20 new scholarships. Qualified students receive up to $10,000 per academic year. Each scholarship can be renewed for the subsequent year. Therefore, qualified students can receive up to $40,000 during four years of study through this program. This scholarship program has a number of special features designed to help students succeed in their studies and prepare them for entering high-tech employment fields or a graduate school upon graduation. These features include individual mentoring and advising by dedicated faculty, peer mentoring, participation in research projects, field trips, guest lectures by leaders of industry and research, internships with leading employers, career opportunities in high demand fields, and assistance with job placement upon graduation. Underrepresented minorities and female students are very strongly encouraged to apply.
LA Tutors awards students who showcase their creativity and make positive impacts with a $500 Innovation in Education scholarship. On an ongoing monthly basis, this scholarship is open to all currently enrolled high school and college students who showcase their creativity while helping those around them (whether that be in a creative fundraiser, inventive new app, series of blog posts on a particular theme, or another idea). The application deadline is 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month.
- Must be currently enrolled in high school or college
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent)
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada
- Visit our online application portal at https://www.latutors123.com/scholarships/innovation-in-education/
- Submit an essay describing their innovative project
- Provide supporting documentation (letter of recommendation, news article/photo featuring their project, etc.)