Central to Designing Powerful Machines.
CCSU’s BS in Mechanical Engineering graduates mechanical engineering professionals with a well-rounded education, and well-balanced analytical and experimental skills. It prepares student to develop specialized knowledge and acquire the necessary experience to pursue a career for various roles in industry or graduate studies. Mechanical Engineering applies in all industries and services including, but not limited to, fields such as aerospace, materials, design, and product reliability and safety.
Coursework includes mathematics and basic physical sciences, communications, including 3D modeling and CAD for designing mechanical parts and assemblies, and technical writing, general education, engineering sciences, and engineering design. The program culminates with a two-semester, sometimes industry-sponsored, capstone design project.
- Program tailored to meet individual goals, interests, and the ever-changing industry
- Establishes graduates as valued practicing engineers
- Access to state-of-the-art labs and technologies
- Attend full- or part-time
- Option for 5-year accelerated BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering (Earn both degrees in 149 credits compared to 158 credits saving time and money)
- Internship and opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
The Mechanical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Current Student
The best part of the Engineering Department were teachers that offered real world
experience and examples in their lectures as it made the degree seem more valuable
Employment in mechanical engineering is expected to grow faster than average, and the number of annual openings will offer very good job opportunities.
- Current Student