J-1 Students

J-1 exchange students visit Central Connecticut State University as full-time students for a period of usually one or two semesters pursuant to a formal reciprocal exchange agreement between Central and their home institution. This site provides you as a J-1 student all information you need to know before your arrival to the United States and how to maintain your legal status while in the United States.

Visa Application

J-1 Visa Regulations