Admissions Process

This information is ONLY for international students from Partner Universities who intend to study at Central Connecticut State University for a semester or an academic year.

Admission Forms 
Once you have been accepted into the Study Abroad program at your home institution, please follow these application procedures to apply to Central.

Complete the following forms:

ALL completed forms must be returned to the International Student and Scholar Services via one of the following means:

International Education Advisor
Center for International Education
Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley Street
New Britain, CT 06050

Under the terms of most of Central's exchange agreements, students pay tuition to the home institution and room and board to the host institution. Some exchange agreements provide for tuition and room to be paid to the home institution and board to be paid to the host institution.

To determine which costs you pay to your home institution and which you will be expected to pay to Central, please contact your home institution's international coordinator.

Student fees covered by the exchange agreement do not include Central’s required accident insurance or the optional upgrade fee for James Hall.

All exchange students must enroll in and pay for Central’s accident insurance policy; students who upgrade accommodations to James Hall are responsible for paying the upgrade fee. Central’s current fees are available on the Bursar’s website.

  • Exchange students coming to Central under the terms of an exchange program cannot select or register for Central courses directly. Registration is through the Study Abroad Advisor in the International Student and Scholar Services. Exchange students should submit Course Selection Form requests as soon as possible to avoid being shut out of requested classes because they have reached their enrollment limits.
  • Exchange students admitted as undergraduate students register for 100-400 level courses. Those admitted as graduate students register for courses at or above the 400-level. Central's undergraduate and graduate course catalogs contain all Central courses offered at any time. The course registration booklet for a particular semester becomes available midway through the previous semester (about three (3) months before spring semester classes begin and about six (6) months before fall semester classes begin). Note: The International Student and Scholar Services cannot guarantee that an exchange student will be able to enroll in any specific course offered.
  • Students admitted to Central under an exchange agreement do not have access to courses offered by Central’s Intensive English Language Program or Doctoral Program.

If admitted, an exchange student will receive an acceptance letter, a DS-2019 Form, and a link to the Pre-Arrival Booklet with important pre-arrival information from CCSU and the International Student and Scholar Services.