It is the sole responsibility of all J-1 exchange students to maintain legal status in the United States. J-1 exchange students visiting CCSU for a period of one or two semesters pursuant to a formal reciprocal exchange agreement between Central Connecticut State University and their home institution must:
- Engage in a full-time course of study unless specifically granted permission to drop below full-time by the International Student and Scholar Services Coordinator (Full-time status for undergraduates is 12 credit/hours per semester. Full-time status for graduate students is 9 credit/hours per semester);
- Exchange students on J1 visa are not allowed to enroll in either online or online hybrid courses.
- Enroll in an insurance plan which meets the US State Department requirements for the duration of stay;
- Complete and submit all forms required by CCSU Health Services prior to arrival at CCSU;
- Seek authorization for on-campus employment, internships or academic training from the International Student and Scholar Services Coordinator prior to engaging in such activities;
- Maintain legal immigration status at all times