GSA Research and Conference Scholarships
The Graduate Student Association provides funding for graduate research projects and educational conferences that enable graduate students to expand on their research, participate in professional development opportunities, and support their program’s graduate community.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be a matriculated graduate student in good standing (GPA 3.0 or above).
- You are allowed one scholarship per academic year.
- You can apply for and receive funding multiple times, but preference will be given first-time applicants.
- Please submit documentation of your expenses at the time of application (actual or estimated; especially for conferences).
- The GSA scholarships are for research or conferences only.
- If applying for a research scholarship and your research includes either human or animal subjects, you must have prior approval or be in the process of approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or the Institutional Animal Care and Use Council (IACUC).
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Applying for a Conference/Research Scholarship
Please complete the application in its entirety and attach required documents. Applications that are not fully completed or do not conform to the instructions below will not be reviewed.
Where an essay is required, please be thorough, concise, and detailed. Please explain how funding will benefit your thesis, your program, your academic development, and the graduate community at Central. You must have your name and student ID number on your document(s). All documents must be uploaded in .pdf format.
Getting Funded and Payment Disbursement
All awards go directly into your Central student account. If you are a student who utilizes direct deposit for your return of excess funds via the Bursar’s Office, your funds will be posted directly to your bank account, otherwise a check will be made out to you and sent to your address on file. Please note: If you owe a balance to the university, the scholarship will apply directly to your outstanding balance. The GSA or Graduate Studies office does not facilitate reimbursement.
The Spring 2024 scholarship application period starts on January 25, 2024 and ends on February 7, 2024. No late applications will be considered.
The Graduate Studies Office will notify students of their application status by February 28, 2024