The School of Graduate Studies administers two additional scholarship awards. One, the Graduate Academic Awards and the Outstanding Scholar Award program occurs in the fall semester. In the spring semester, the CCSU Foundation through Graduate Studies accepts applications for the second award, the Graduate Student Association Scholarship. Click on either of the two links to obtain information and application forms. The amount of each scholarship will be contingent upon the amount of funding made available by the University Scholarship and Loan Committee each year.
Other scholarships are administered through the Office of Institutional Advancement are available at www.ccsu.edu/scholarships, or you may call the office of Institutional Advancement at 860-832-1748.
The IBP (Institute for Broadening Participation) would like to remind students of upcoming graduate fellowship and undergraduate scholarship deadlines. Many programs have application deadlines in the coming weeks and months!
Students can browse 77 different fellowship and scholarship listings.
Or use our advanced search feature to narrow down your selections by program.
Students can also sign up to receive notifications about programs.
Graduate Academic Awards
Graduate Academic Awards are presented each fall to one distinguished student in each academic program. Departments may nominate the same student to be considered for the Outstanding Scholar Award. There will be one outstanding scholar from each school in the university. The criteria established by the Graduate Studies Committee are:
Must have completed 12 credit hours in an approved graduate planned program of study.
- Must be in attendance at least one or more additional semesters following the semester of nomination.
- Shall be registered as a full or part-time student in good standing for a minimum of three (3) credits in the spring or fall semester of the academic year of the nomination.
- Must be pursuing either a Master's Degree, Sixth Year Program or the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
- Must demonstrate minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on the graduate transcript.
- Must have completed a minimum of nine (9) credits of graduate level courses in an approved planned program of study.
- Must have received no more than one B in courses in the approved planned program.
For the Academic Award: Must include signatures from both the advisor and an instructor at CCSU with whom the nominee has completed a graduate level course.
For the Outstanding Scholar Award: Must be nominated by department or program faculty and include two letters of recommendation from the adviser, instructor, graduate program director, or department chair that address how the nominee demonstrates as many as applicable of the Graduate Tenets.
Graduate students are limited to one graduate Academic Award during their course of graduate study at CCSU.
Stanley Black and Decker Scholarship Program
- Applicants must be registered Full-Time for the Fall 2017 semester.
- Open to Full-Time Undergraduate Candidates in majors that are STEM focused – Engineering,
ITS, CS, IT Networking, Accounting, Finance, MIS and General Business
- Candidates must have 54 credits in residency at CCSU as of January 2017
- 3.00 GPA
- Full-Time Graduate Candidates in the following majors – MBA, CIT, MS Accounting, Data
Mining and Technology Management
- Candidates must have 9 graduate credits in residency at CCSU as of January 2017
- 3.00 GPA
American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowship
Women graduate students and scholars are encouraged to apply for an American Association
of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowship! The deadline for 2017-18 awards
is December 1st and quickly approaching.
Who may apply: Women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Funding: $18,000 - $30,000
Deadline: December 1st
Forté Foundation is a non-profit consortium of leading companies and top business schools working together to launch women into fulfilling, significant careers through access to business education, opportunities, and a community of successful women.