Invitation to CCSU Students, Faculty and Staff to Participate in the Many Voices Initiative
Dear CCSU Students, Faculty and Staff,
The CCSU Equity, Justice, and Inclusion Committee is seeking art projects that represent diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusion. The project is called the Many Voices Initiative. The goal of the Many Voices Initiative is to bring to light and share the many personal experiences and thoughts that individuals may have regarding these issues. Projects will be displayed within the buildings on CCSU’s campus to promote feelings of inclusion and belonging on the campus. The art projects may take many forms including but not limited to poetry, story, spoken word, paintings, video, photography, dance, drama, music, memes, graphic design and/or any combination of aesthetic mediums.
Students, faculty, staff and community members may participate in multiple ways including: individually or in collaboration with other students, faculty, and staff, together with community partners, or as an integrated course project or extra credit, etc. If you have any questions please contact the following members of the Many Voices Initiative committee: Dr. Ayotte: email@example.com; Dr. Bishop: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Rodriquez: email@example.com; and Dr. Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of the Many Voices Initiative (MVI) is to bring to light and share the many personal experiences and thoughts our students, faculty, staff, and community members have with regards to equity and inclusion.
The piece of work must first be submitted as through email a photograph or video to Dr. Ayotte at email@example.com. We will then contact you to arrange for pick-up/drop-off of the piece to CCSU.
- Vision: The Many Voices Initiative is not a contest. All voices have a space.
- Original work: Members of the CCSU campus are invited to submit original creative works. These may take many forms including but not limited to: poetry, story, spoken word, paintings, video, photography, dance, drama, music, memes, graphic design and/or any combination of aesthetic mediums.
- Format: Submissions will be digital for now which means some works such as a sculpture or a dance will need to be submitted as a photograph, series of photographs, or video. Once we are fully back on campus, we hope to showcase items in their original or intended form.
- Collaboration: Works may be created by one person or be a collaboration of two or more persons. Collaborations can be any combination of students, faculty and staff.
- Title: All works must have a title.
- Description: A project description may be included - 100 word maximum.
- Reference: Any submissions that integrate photographs or online imagery from other artists and other sources as part of the work must be referenced.
- Name(s): Work can be submitted anonymously or with the creator(s)’ name(s).
- Formats: The following formats are acceptable for submission. If your work is in a different format and you need assistance converting it, or it is larger than 1GB, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- To submit, follow this link https://bit.ly/39WqhJh