Request for Transfer Credit Approval

Current matriculated undergraduate Central students have the option to take courses at another institution and transfer the credits back to Central. However, students need permission to take a course at another institution BEFORE the course is taken. The permission ensures that the credit will be transferable back to Central and will determine the Central course equivalency.

Please note, regardless of the number of credits transferred, a student must complete a minimum number of courses in residence (taken at Central) in the major, minor, and overall. Review your degree evaluation for detailed information.

If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 860.832.2236 or  

Transfer Credit Procedures:

  1. Fill out the form Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval and discuss your intentions with your academic advisor.
  2. To determine Central course equivalencies, visit our database of local schools and CCSU equivalencies.
  3. If your school or course is not in the database, please submit the form. There may be a delay as we reach out to the appropriate academic department for review and approval.
  4. Bring the approved Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval form from Central with you to the other school when you register. The other school may require proof of prior approval.
  5. If you change your mind and request approval for another course and/or at another school, please submit a new form for the new course and/or college.

Important Reminders:

  • A minimum grade of C- must be earned for a course to be eligible to transfer to Central and transfer courses will not affect your Central GPA.
  • Consult with your academic advisor for use of course and credit in your program.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that courses taken at another institution will meet Central program requirements.
  • Repeated Course Work: Credit is only earned once when a course (or equivalent) is repeated. If you transfer a course to Central that you have already earned credit for, you will not earn additional credit. Review your Central transcript and the course description in the Central Catalog prior to enrolling at the host institution.
  • An official transcript must be sent electronically to the Central Office of the Registrar immediately after the course has been graded –