Current matriculated undergraduate CCSU students have the option to take courses at another institution and transfer the credits back to CCSU. However, students need permission to take a course at another institution BEFORE the course is taken. The permission ensures that the credit will be transferable back to CCSU and will determine the CCSU course equivalency.
Please note, regardless of the number of credits transferred, a student must complete a minimum number of courses in residence (taken at CCSU) in the major, minor, and overall. Review your degree evaluation for detailed information.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 860-832-2236 or email@example.com.
Transfer Credit Procedures:
- Fill out the form Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval and discuss your intentions with your academic advisor.
- To determine CCSU course equivalencies, visit our database of local schools and CCSU equivalencies.
- If your school or course is not in the database, please submit the form. There may be a delay as we reach out to the appropriate academic department for review and approval.
- Bring the approved Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval form from CCSU with you to the other school when you register. The other school may require proof of prior approval.
- If you change your mind and request approval for another course and/or at another school, please submit a new form for the new course and/or college.
- A minimum grade of C- must be earned for a course to be eligible to transfer to CCSU and transfer courses will not affect your CCSU GPA.
- Consult with your academic advisor for use of course and credit in your program.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that courses taken at another institution will meet CCSU program requirements.
- Repeated Couse Work: Credit is only earned once when a course (or equivalent) is repeated. If you transfer a course to CCSU that you have already earned credit for, you will not earn additional credit. Review your CCSU transcript and the course description in the CCSU Catalog prior to enrolling at the host institution.
- An official transcript must be sent electronically to the CCSU Office of the Registrar immediately after the course has been graded – firstname.lastname@example.org.