Central to Maximizing Student Success.
Create more equitable schools and services by enhancing and improving learning for struggling learners and students with exceptional needs with a CCSU MS in Special Education. Learn foundational skills to create an inclusive and culturally responsive learning environment that builds equity and supports all students. Develop teaching skills to meet the unique academic and social-emotional needs of learners. Licensure/certification programs nationally accredited by the Council for Exceptional Children and meets the requirements of the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Starts every January and August
- Attend full- or part-time
- Flexible scheduling: over 80% hybrid and/or accelerated formats, evening classes
- Course-embedded assignments facilitate application and transfer of learning to the classroom
- Course content aligned with edTPA; candidates receive guidance and support throughout their edTPA development
- Extensive experience and support with Durational Shortage Area Permit (DSAP) process
- Applied Capstone sequence providing opportunity to implement and assess evidence- based supports and focuses on data-based individualization typically taken during first year of teaching
- Financial aid is available
- No GMAT/GRE required