Central to Putting Ideas into Action.
CCSU’s BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology provides relevant industrial experience within the academic environment through laboratory projects, experimentation, classroom lecture, and demonstrations. Students access state-of-the-art computer facilities, materials testing, power transmission, fluids, automation, and manufacturing laboratories.
Students gain experience with computer software (CAD, CIM, and FEA - all widely used in industry) for incorporation into projects associated with key manufacturing areas typical of projects carried out in industry. The program places emphasis on mechanical design, component analysis, and product development.
- Offers a well-balanced mix of analytical, experimental, and hands-on academic activities
- Classes on-campus, online, and hybrid format
- Coursework includes mathematics and basic physical sciences, technical writing, communications, and a variety of discipline specific courses
- Culminates with a two-semester, sometimes industry-sponsored, capstone design project
- Attend full- or part-time
- Internship and co-op opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET.