Central to Mapping the Future.
CCSU’s BA in Geography prepares students for careers in urban planning, environmental sustainability, social science teaching, business/tourism, and Geographic Information Sciences (GIS). Students receive a holistic, liberal education that integrates the study of human activity and the natural environment. Graduates have developed the skills for jobs that address real life community concerns, environmental issues, and systems that impact people’s economic, political, social, and spatial needs. Students train for and excel in careers with a conscience.
- Coursework that challenges and improves students’ understanding of topics leading to well-paid positions after graduation
- Specialized tracks allow students to pursue education in individual interests while still learning employable skills
- Opportunities for hands-on applied field work, internships, and courses abroad
- Faculty who are experts in their field guide, mentor, and advise students throughout the program
- Small department with a welcoming environment
- Small class sizes
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
– Matthew Tattersall By the time of graduation, students will demonstrate proficiency in the following
After I graduate, I will be traveling to Madagascar as part of a volunteer program
called International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ). The trip will be for about 12 weeks and
during that time I will be scuba diving to help collect data on coral reefs for researchers
that work to preserve and protect their habitat. Studying Geography, especially GIS
since what I will be doing is pretty much the front lines of it all; has made me more
and more excited to not only learn about the world but to go out and experience it
first hand as well.
Some occupations that could be held by graduates are:
– Matthew Tattersall
By the time of graduation, students will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: