Central to Understanding French Culture.
CCSU’s BA in French develops students’ mastery of the French language in the areas of speaking, reading, and writing.
Students develop a critical understanding of cultural differences, analyze complex literary and visual texts, and make connections to French-speaking communities, particularly in France, the Caribbean, Africa, and North America.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes on-campus and in hybrid format
- Courses at elementary, intermediate, and advanced (conversation and composition) levels
- Opportunity to teach English in France for one year and be paid
- One semester or one year course abroad in Caen (France)
- Two-week faculty-led course abroad in France (Paris, Annecy, Arles, and Lyon)
- Internship opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
The BSEd program is accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
- K.G. ’20
While working for my BA in French one of my favorite classes was French cinema. We
were introduced to important and thought-provoking films focusing on issues such as
colonialism, racism, and capital punishment to name a few. CCSU’s French program focuses
on the entire Francophone world, making the study of the language relevant to today’s
- K.G. ’20