Central to Supporting Teachers with Effective Instruction.
CCSU’s Advanced Official Certificate Program in Reading & Language Arts is a non-degree
program that prepares students for an endorsement as a Reading & Language Arts Consultant
in Connecticut. This program is great for applicants who already hold the 102 endorsement
(Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts) and need a few courses for the 097 endorsement
(Reading and Language Arts Consultant).
- Starts every January and August
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes offered on campus and online
- Financial aid is available
- No GMAT/GRE required
- Candidates interpret and summarize historically shared knowledge of the profession
and changes over time in the perceptions of reading and writing development, processes,
- Candidates support classroom teachers and other education professionals in using instructional
approaches, materials, and an integrated, comprehensive, balanced curriculum to support
student learning in reading and writing.
- Candidates lead classroom teachers and other education support personnel in analyzing
and using assessment data to plan and evaluate effective reading and writing instruction.
- Candidates provide support and leadership to educators, parents, students and other
members of the school community in valuing the contributions of diverse people and
traditions to literacy learning.
- Candidates participate in, design, facilitate, lead, and evaluate effective and differentiated
professional development programs.