CRM 435: Supervised Field Studies in Criminal Justice
- Apply your classroom knowledge and gain relevant experience in the field.
- Develop professional relationships with CJ practitioners and agencies.
- Set the stage for a successful career in the CJ field.
- Complete minimum of 120 unpaid hours working with a CJ or related agency. Hours must be completed while you are enrolled in CRM 435.
- Attend mandatory classes and complete all assigned coursework.
- Earn 3 credits upon satisfactory completion of course requirements.
- A major in Criminology with a C- or better in CRM 322
- A minimum of 86 earned credits by the time of placement and good academic standing (GPA > 2.0)
* Students who do not meet the prerequisites must seek special permission from the Field Studies Director. Exceptions are rarely granted and only in cases of extenuating circumstances.
Sample list of Criminal Justice Internship Sites
This is a sample list – it does not include all placements and/or agencies that accept interns. Agencies on this list are not guaranteed to have internship opportunities. For specific contact information and further instructions for any agency, please see the Internship Director. Placement opportunities not on this list must be approved by an Internship Director. Student evaluations of previous internship experiences are available in RVAC 208.
- Judicial Branch
- Department of Correction
- Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Office of the Public Defender
- Connecticut State Police
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Community Partners in Action
- The Community Renewal Team, Inc.
- Community Solutions, Inc.
- The Connection
- Connecticut Renaissance
- Families in Crisis
- Wheeler Clinic
- Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services
- Prudence Crandall Center, Inc.
- Survivors of Homicide
Local Law Enforcement
More than 20 different police departments have hosted interns. Please see the Internship Director for a more complete list.
- CCSU Police Department
- East Hartford Police Department
- Farmington Police Department
- Hartford Police Department
- New Britain Police Department
- Rocky Hill Police Department
- West Hartford Police Department
Federal Law Enforcement
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Department of Treasury, Bureau of ATF
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Naval Criminal Investigative Services
- The Washington Center
- U.S. Marshal's Service