5-Year Accelerated Program
Do you want to pursue advanced education beyond your Bachelor’s degree that will enhance your attractiveness to employers but you are short on time and money?
Consider applying for our Accelerated BA/MS in Criminology and Criminal Justice!
If accepted, you will be able to earn a Bachelor’s in Criminology and a Master’s in Criminal Justice in just five years. For accepted students, two graduate courses will double-count as two 300-level undergraduate courses, allowing students the opportunity to complete both degrees in less time and for less money than pursuing the degrees separately.
What will the five- year BA/MS program provide beyond my Bachelor’s Degree?
- Graduates will not only gain advanced knowledge in the causes and treatment of criminal behavior, but also be able to critique theories of crime and the intervention models developed to address criminal behavior.
- Graduates will be able to analyze and evaluate data relevant to criminal justice policies and programs.
- Graduates will have advanced knowledge of criminal justice and juvenile justice agency policies and practices that work best to decrease crime and recidivism.
Who can apply and How?
Students can apply for admission to the Five Year Accelerated B.A./M.S. in the Spring of their junior year of study.
In order to be eligible students must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Completed 84 earned credit hours by the end of the Fall semester of their junior year. At least 30 credits must have been earned at CCSU
- Completed CRM 322 (research methods) and a statistics course with at least a B-
- Have at least a 3.30 cumulative grade point average
- Have at least a 3.00 grade point average in Criminology courses
How to Apply
Apply online to the School of Graduate Studies at https://www.ccsu.edu/grad/. Students will submit a resume, essay, and one recommendation letter from a CCSU Criminology professor by March 1st of their junior year. Instruction for submitting the recommendation letter and for uploading the resume and essay will be found within the online application. CCSU transcripts will be obtained automatically by the Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Office. Applications will be reviewed after the March 1st closing date.