Weather-Related Cancellations/Closing Information
Please note, when classes are cancelled or delayed due to weather or road conditions, we will not pivot to a remote format. Staff (other than Level One employees) will not be required to work remotely when campus is closed.
When Decisions are Made
- Morning issues - We will communicate decisions about a delayed opening or a closed campus by 6:15 a.m.
- Evening issues – Classes that begin at 4:30 p.m. or later are considered “evening” classes. We will announce decisions about evening classes by 2:30 p.m.
Where to Find the Latest Info
- ccsu.edu - notification at the top of the page
- ccsu.edu/cancel - additional details about campus operations related to weather conditions
- CCSU Storm Phone (860) 832-3333
- Check your CCSU email account
- WFSB-TV, WTNH-TV, NBC CT, and Fox CT storm closing sites
- Our Emergency Notification System may be deployed if severe weather rapidly develops.
Campus Parking Ban
Anytime snow or icy conditions are forecasted, CCSU’s Parking Ban automatically goes into effect.
- All vehicles must be removed from surface parking lots or the owner risks being ticketed and towed.
- Parking is allowed in the garages, but avoid the top floors.
- In the event staff and faculty are required to report to work during inclement weather, they should also park in the garages.
Travel Decision Is Yours
Please keep in mind that only you can determine whether it is safe enough for you to travel to campus. Our decision to cancel, close, or delay is based on many factors, but not all individual situations can be taken into account. For example, the New Britain roads may be fine while another part of the state may be experiencing severe conditions.
Upon making your decision, we ask that you share that information in a timely manner:
- Faculty deciding that conditions are not sufficiently safe for their travel are expected to make every effort to notify their students via University e-mail or voice mail.
- Students who elect not to travel to campus should inform their instructors at their first opportunity.
- Staff who decide they are unable to travel should alert their supervisor and charge that time to accrued leave.
We urge all parties to make allowances for the diversity of situations and the various levels of driving confidence.