Registrar - Request for Transfer Credit Approval
Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar


Request for Transfer Credit Approval

(continuing matriculated undergraduate students only)

Continuing matriculated undergraduate students have the option to take course at another institution and transfer the credits to Central Connecticut State University. However, students need permission to take a course at another institution BEFORE the course is taken. The permission ensures that the credit will be transferable back to CCSU and will determine the CCSU course equivalency.

Please note, regardless of the number of credits transferred, a student must complete a minimum number of courses in residence (taken at CCSU) in the major, minor and overall. Review the degree requirements for detailed information.

If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Ms. Rebecca Pickering, the Transfer Credit Evaluator for current active CCSU students, at 860-832-2315.

Transfer Credit Procedures:

  1. Fill out the form Request for Transfer Credit Approval For Continuing Undergraduate Students.

  2. Obtain appropriate approvals for the form. (Failure to obtain approval may result in not receiving transfer credit.)

  3. Discuss your intentions with your academic advisor.

  4. To determine CCSU course equivalencies, visit our database of local schools and CCSU equivalencies.

  5. If your school or particular course is not in the database, please submit the form. There may be a delay as we reach our to the department for review and approval.

  6. Submit form to the Registrar's Office Transfer Credit Evaluator, Ms. Rebecca Pickering, located in Willard-DiLoreto Hall, room D 202.

  7. Please allow 3 business days to receive an answer on approval for the request form. Please keep this in mind when planning on registering for the course at the other school.

  8. Bring the approved Request For Transfer Credit Approval form with you to the other school when you register. The other school may require proof of prior approval.

  9. If you change your mind and request approval for another course and/or at another school, please submit a new form for the new course and/or college.

  10. A minimum grade of "C-" must be earned for the course to be eligible for transfer credit.

  11. The course will appear as transfer credit with a grade of "TR" on your CCSU transcript. This will not affect your CCSU GPA.

  12. If after submitting the approved form you should register for a different course at the other institution, contact the Registrar's Office to update your request form.

  13. Immediately after the course is completed, request to have the other school send your official transcript to our office for proper transfer credit entry. The official transcript should be mailed to the following address:

Central Connecticut State University
Office of the Registrar - Transfer Credit Evaluator
1615 Stanley Street
New Britain, CT 06050-4010