Organization Overview & Mission
Founded in 1997 as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, the mission of the Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is to support economic prosperity for women and strengthen communities through entrepreneurial and financial education services that create and grow sustainable jobs and businesses across Connecticut. From starting or growing a business, to increasing income, WBDC drives business success in a tangible and accessible way. Headquartered in Stamford, with offices in Derby and New London, WBDC provides training and counseling services to over 750 clients each year.
WBDC is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented intern to assist with programming and database needs in our Derby office. The intern will be expected to start for the summer semester and work 10-15 hours per week (WBDC is flexible to work around intern’s schedule). The intern would work closely with the Program Manager and the Program and Impact Coordinator, supporting the following projects:
- Program Administration – assist with administrative tasks, including registering clients for programs, filing, and compiling answers from program evaluations.
- Program Marketing – generate program flyers and events on social media platforms
- Database – work with our outcome and email databases, including inputting and clean-up tasks.
This internship would allow the selected candidate an excellent opportunity to be involved in an entrepreneurial non-profit’s programs and services. Interns will be given the opportunity to shadow programs and counseling sessions.
Applicant Requirements and Expectations
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to learn new skills.
- Communication – Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, manager, and staff.
- Organization – Ability to track tasks and projects, and meet predetermined deadlines.
- Confidentiality – Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, especially as it relates to client data.
- Must have a strong GPA.
Key Contact Person
Name and Title: Jaclyn Vancour, Program and Impact Coordinator
Phone: (203) 751-9550
Position Site Address: 412 Roosevelt Drive, Derby, CT 06418