Central to Enhancing Growth Through Accommodation.
CCSU’s BS in Tourism & Hospitality Studies (THS) produces graduates that meet the specific needs of the tourism and hospitality industry. Students gain critical thinking skills through a combination of traditional academic coursework and applied and experiential training. The program equips graduates for higher level Tourism and Hospitality positions and helps them rise to key management roles.
In addition, the program strives to produce students that meet the specific needs of the tourism and hospitality industry. It draws on the diverse offerings of an interdisciplinary program to cultivate an understanding and appreciation for the methods and goals of specific tourist destinations such as resorts, historic sites, art museums, and natural parks. Using the flexibility that an interdisciplinary program provides, students may customize their studies, taking classes in history, art history, management, marketing, science, or other disciplines as their career ambitions demand. This flexibility allows our students to better prepare themselves for the growing niche markets that characterize today’s competitive tourism and hospitality industry.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes on-campus and in hybrid format
- Flexible curriculum allows student to personalize their course of study
- Small class sizes
- Engaged, diverse faculty are experts in their field and attentive to student needs
- Internship and study abroad opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available