Central to Creating the Scene.
Coursework in this specialization emphasizes training the actor in a variety of techniques that result in a truthful representation of humanity in an imagined world. In addition to acting classes, BFA Performance students study voice and dialect work, movement techniques, stage combat, studies in Shakespeare, and more. Students apply their classroom learning in the department’s seasonal productions which model the collaborative process of the professional work. A BFA Theatre degree from CCSU equips artists to make quality contributions to society.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Foundation in theatre performance and design, technology, and production
- Guided electives help students achieve a balance between performance and design that suits their interests and career goals
- Opportunities to perform, direct, design, crew, or stage manage in local and regional theaters
- Study abroad prospects
- Capstone project in performance/directing or in technology, design, and production
- Internship opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available