Central to Understanding with Imagination.
CCSU’s BA in Philosophy program is pluralistic in its emphasis on both Western and Non-Western philosophical traditions, as well as in its balance of historical and contemporary approaches to philosophy.
The program helps students develop knowledge and skills that have universal value including skills in critical and creative thinking, reasoning and argumentation, communication, perspective-taking, and moral/ethical reasoning about complex topics and issues. These skills have central value for all careers and every field, including law, business, medical school, politics, education, administration, and non-profit sector work.
- Program faculty act as mentors and are dedicated to student success
- The department has a strong record of student-faculty research
- Offers a thesis option for students who wish to research and write about a topic of their choice
- Faculty have strengths in Philosophy, as well as in a range of interdisciplinary disciplines, including Peace Studies, Racial Justice, Religious Studies, and Bioethics
- Special track offered for those who aim to attend law school, as well as offering advising on applying to law school
- Offers a Philosophy minor and a minor in Social Justice
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available