Central to Creative Storytelling.
CCSU’s Media Studies major offers a balanced curriculum that integrates theory and practice. Students learn theoretical and critical approaches to media content, systems, and institutions that cultivate skills in critical thinking, analysis, and writing.
The major also prepares students to create their own media content including films, documentaries, and multimedia packages through traditional and emerging technologies. The curriculum encourages students to cultivate an appreciation for aesthetics and artistry in media production.
- Media Studies offers three concentrations: Digital Filmmaking and TV Production; Media Analysis; and Multimedia Production and New Technologies
- Learn how to produce content in a studio and in the field
- Study abroad in places such as Rome, Paris, and Amsterdam
- Intern at a production studio
- Minor in Media Studies is also available
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available