Central to Understanding Italian Culture.
CCSU’s BA in Italian explores the linguistic and the social aspects of Italian culture. Students master intermediate skills in speaking, reading, and writing Italian.
The program prepares students with a background in Italian culture and society including literature, cinema, art, and commerce, as well as the history of the Italian American diaspora. A BS in Education option is available for students who wish to gain certification for secondary teaching.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes on-campus or in hybrid format
- Course abroad opportunities in Italy
- Italian Resource Center offers academic support to students of Italian
- Internship opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
Strengthens Italian oral and written communication skills and familiarizes students with aspects of Italian literature, culture, art, history, and society.
Prepares students for teacher certification in Italian at the secondary level.