Students who are not able to complete their program by the expected completion date noted in Program End Date in Program of Study box on their Form I-20 must process an I-20 extension. The extension must be completed before the expiration date on their current Form I-20.
You must submit the following documents to CIE thirty (30) days before your Form I-20 expires.
- Current IELP proof of finance, undergraduate affidavit of support, or graduate affidavit of support
- Letter/email from your Academic Advisor or
- Academic Advisor or Mr Ramon Hernandez
- Hernanadez@ccsu.edu (undergraduate students)
- Academic Advisor (graduate students) indicating remaining course requirement for completion of your degree and your expected completion date
- IELP Students should contact IELP Coordinator
- Registrar's Office
A new Form I-20 will be issued to you within two (2) weeks.
Note: Failure to extend your Form I-20 will jeopardize your F-1 student status. If you lose your student status, you may be able to apply for Reinstatement which is processed through USCIS.