What the Office of Victim Advocacy is
The Office of Victim Advocacy is a resource on campus that provides professional advocacy services for people who have experiences sexual assault and/or interpersonal violence and oversees violence prevention and awareness programs for the CCSU campus.
Student Worker/Intern/Volunteer Responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day functions of the Office of Victim Advocacy reception area, including greeting visitors, taking messages when supervisor is not available, and keeping the office stocked with brochures and materials.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned, including data entry, filing, and preparation of materials for presentations and trainings.
- Represent the Office of Victim Advocacy at campus events and information tables and demonstrate an ability to answer questions about the office’s functions and programs.
- Assist with violence prevention and awareness campaigns and programs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
When accepting applicants
- The Office of Victim Advocacy is accepting applicants for the 2023-2024 academic year.