Admissions Requirements

Students with Associate Degrees

All graduates of Connecticut State Community Colleges who hold an associate degree are admissible to Central Connecticut State University. A minimum of two additional years of full-time study is required to complete a baccalaureate degree.

Students without Associate Degrees

We welcome students of all abilities, interests, and backgrounds, and the Admissions staff is ready to make your transition to Central as smooth as possible.

All Applicants

To be considered for admission, transfer applicants must submit the following:

  • Completed online application
  • $50 application fee or fee waiver
  • Official high school and post-secondary transcripts
    • Sent directly from the issuing institution via postal mail to: Undergraduate Recruitment & Admissions
      Central Welcome Center
      1615 Stanley Street
      New Britain, CT 06050
    • Or, via an electronic transcript sent to from the issuing institution through a trusted third-party vendor that requires authentication
  • Transfer students who have taken courses outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (NACES)
  • (Optional) SAT I or ACT scores unless you’ve successfully completed 12 or more college credits or have been out of high school for more than five years
  • (Optional) Personal essay
  • (Optional) Letters of recommendation


Transfer students should apply by June 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester. We advise prospective students to submit an application at least three months prior to the semester in which they plan to enroll.

Admission Guidelines

Admission to Central is based mostly on academic achievement. Typically, Central admits students with a college grade point average of C or better after completing at least 12 or more college-level credits from regionally accredited institutions. Higher grade point averages may be required for certain academic programs. Please check with the school to which you are applying for additional information.

Transfer Credit Evaluation

Central typically awards credit to students who earn a C- or higher in 100-level or above coursework from regionally accredited institutions. All academic courses with a passing grade (D- or higher) will transfer from Eastern, Southern, or Western Connecticut state universities. Pass/Fail courses are not generally transferable except for recreation/physical education courses from any institution and all courses from Connecticut State University institutions. A transfer credit evaluation that shows how each college-level course transfers to Central will be mailed with your decision letter. Regardless of the number of credits transferred, a student must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Central to earn a bachelor's degree.

Contact the Office of Admissions for more information .