Graduate Internship Program
Providing Two Years of Experience in Student Union Operations, Services, Conferences
and Event Management
Since 1966, the Central Connecticut State University Student Center has been committed to providing a comprehensive professional program for students interested in entering the field of higher education.
The focus of the two-year internship is to train and to develop young professionals who will positively contribute to the field of Student Affairs.
The experiential learning environment of CCSU aims to increase the personal growth and development of a diverse group of young professionals at a four year, regional, comprehensive public university.
Guided by the role of the college union, the Student Center leads in the development of community as the gathering place of the campus. The internship will include experiences and skill development in operations, student services, personnel management, leadership training, technical services, esports, conferences and event management.
For more information, please contact
Student Development in Higher Education Graduate Program Coordinator
For questions, please contact
Student Center Associate Director.
The Student Center is looking for talented, energetic individuals interested in pursuing a career in higher education!
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree by May 20, 2022 with a minimum of 2.70 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Acceptance into the Graduate School Program - Counselor Education with Specialization in Student Development in Higher Education.
- Availability to begin the internship experience andGraduate School summer course studies by May 23, 2022.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to higher education andstudent development.
- Strong commitment to enter the field of higher education focusing on Student Affairs.
- Two years of full time work within Student Center Operations, Services, Conferences and Event Management.
- One-on-one coaching by faculty members throughout the program.
- Direct application of theory/course content into practice in a professional setting.
- A $20,000 stipend for 12 month contract with one-year renewal.
- Tuition is waived for part-time study. Students are responsible for other fees as applicable.
- May include: travel and delegate fees to regional ACUI regional conference; travel and delegate fees for one professional conference for the purpose of job searching during the second year.
All Graduate Interns earn a master's degree in Counselor Education - Student Development in Higher Education. A total of 42 credits are required to complete the blended major, which encompasses courses from the Department of Counselor Education and Family Therapy. The academic program provides graduate students with insight into theories and models used by student affairs professionals daily. Students can then apply this knowledge through their own interactions.For more information, please contact the Student Development in Higher Education Graduate Program Director, Jelane Kennedy at (860) 832-2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The internship selection process is coordinated with the graduate school. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that candidates submit the required graduate school and counseling program application materials in advance of submitting internship materials. The anticipated deadline for all materials is February 1, 2022. Please review both the Graduate Admissions and the Counselor Education and Family Therapy department websites to confirm required materials needed for consideration.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three (3) letters of reference, and a final (current) transcript to Johnna Wiggins, Student Center Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com or mail to:
Internship Search Committee
Attn: Johnna Wiggins
Administrative Assistant, Student Center
Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley Street, PO Box 4010
New Britain, CT 06050-4010
Internship applications received by February 1, 2022 will receive first preference but applications will be considered until all positions are filled. To be considered for the internship, candidates must also submit a completed application, with official transcripts and the application fee, to the CCSU Graduate School by the anticipated deadline of February 1, 2022.
Graduate School Application Process
Internship selection process is coordinated with the graduate school; therefore it is strongly recommend candidates submit the required graduate school application and counseling program application materials at least two weeks in advance of the internship deadline. Please review both the Graduate Recruitment & Admission and the Graduate Counseling Program websites to confirm required materials needed for consideration.
For more information, please contact the Student Development in Higher Education Graduate