There are 2 paths to gain admission to the MSAT. CCSU students enrolled in the 3+2 accelerated program can apply to the Master’s Degree in Athletic Training in their junior year. Students who already hold a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in exercise science or a related field, apply directly to the MSAT. Candidates for admission will be considered on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.70, preferably a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale (where A is 4.00)
- A letter of application demonstrating a command of the English language which includes detailed reasons for wishing to pursue graduate study in athletic training.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a former instructor who can attest to the applicant’s preparedness for graduate study in athletic training.
- Successful completion (C- or better) of the following courses, either the CCSU courses specified or their equivalents:
- Two semesters (8 credits) of Anatomy and Physiology with labs (EXS 207, EXS 208, EXS 211, EXS 212 or BIO/BMS 318 and BIO/BMS 319 at CCSU)
- Kinesiology/Biomechanics (EXS 216 at CCSU)
- Human Nutrition (EXS 307 or BIO 401 at CCSU)
- Exercise Physiology (EXS 408 at CCSU)
- EMT-B certification: National Registry
Instructions for uploading the letter of application, and for obtaining and submitting the letters of recommendation, will be found within the online application