- Utilize appropriate theories from nursing and related fields to respond to emerging health care challenges.
- Apply ethical analysis and clinical reasoning to assess, intervene, and evaluate advanced nursing care delivery.
- Understand how to influence health care policy for the purpose of advocating for clients and community.
- Use quality processes and improvement science to evaluate care and ensure client safety for individuals and communities.
- Synthesize evidence for practice to determine appropriate application of interventions across all populations affected by end-of-life and chronic care.
- Incorporate global nursing knowledge, attitudes, and skills in planning, implementing, and evaluating hospice and palliative care practice.
- Integrate inter-professional collaboration and informatics to make changes in the hospice and palliative care environment to improve delivery of care.
- Develop leadership skills and integrate scholarship into nursing practice through participation in praxis courses.
- Meet the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials for Masters Education in Nursing.
Central to Embracing Compassion.
Use your CCSU MSN in Hospice & Palliative Care to deliver active, holistic therapies to end-of-life and chronic care patients and their support network. Build the skills to become a leader and patient advocate as you gain the qualifications to meet the criteria for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Essentials for Masters Education Nursing.
Nurses completing this program will be prepared to sit for the certification exam by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Center.
- Starts every August
- 35-credit program
- Attend part-time
- 100% online
- Full-time faculty are RNs who are active in clinical practice
- Learn in a collaborative classroom environment from supportive and caring faculty who understand the challenges of work/school/family responsibilities
- Faculty are committed toworking with students and willbe flexible about coursework deadlines whenever necessary as much as they can
- Students come from diverse clinical backgrounds and experiences that open one's mind to different perspectives, providing a more holistic experience
- Students receive a one-year subscription to PERRLA, an excellent source to assist with scholarly writing
- Shadow Health Digital Clinical Patient Software
- Dedicated Program Coordinator
- Individual 1:1 advising
- Financial aid and scholarships are available
- No GMAT/GRE required