Central to Performing Your Passion.
CCSU’s BA in Music prepares musicians for careers as educators, performers, composers, scholars, and music specialists. Students cultivate artistic leadership skills in their chosen fields. Fostering a lifelong connection and involvement with the art of music, the program is designed to develop aesthetically sensitive musicians with the strong intellectual foundation of a broad liberal arts education.
Music students and faculty contribute to the musical life of the campus and the community through performances on and off campus.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes are on-campus
- Small class sizes
- Our Music Microcomputer Lab is unique in the Northeast area
- Distinguished Music Technology coursework
- Numerous performance opportunities in larger ensembles Band, Jazz Band, Chorale, University Singers, and the new Vocal Jazz
- Students can participate in chamber groups that range from Flute Ensemble to iPad Ensemble
- Faculty are actively engaged in performance and scholarship: our students work with professional performers in all areas and instruments
- Merit scholarships available through the audition process
- Financial aid available
- Free on-campus child care available
The BA in Music offers 6 different tracks (based on 42 core music credits and an 18 credit concentration):
- Music Theory/Composition
- Jazz Studies
- Music Technology
- Music Exploration
- External minor or second major
CCSU’s Bachelor’s in Music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).