- Create written communications appropriate to the construction discipline
- Create oral presentations appropriate to the construction discipline
- Create a construction project safety plan
- Create construction project cost estimates
- Create construction project schedules
- Analyze professional decisions based on ethical principles
- Analyze construction documents for planning and management of construction processes
- Analyze methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects
- Apply construction management skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Apply electronic-based technology to manage the construction process
- Apply basic surveying techniques for construction layout and control
- Understand different methods of project delivery and the roles and responsibilities of all constituencies involved in the design and construction process
- Understand construction risk management
- Understand construction accounting and cost control
- Understand construction quality assurance and control
- Understand construction project control processes
- Understand the legal implications of contract, common, and regulatory law to manage a construction project
- Understand the basic principles of sustainable construction
- Understand the basic principles of structural behavior
- Understand the basic principles of mechanical, electrical and piping systems
Central to Leading the Building Process.
CCSU’s BS in Construction Management prepares students for management and supervisory professions in the challenging world of construction. The curriculum focuses on field operations, estimating, and project management processes as they relate to building and heavy/highway construction projects. Analytically-based mathematics and science courses along with construction management and business courses round out the program.
Students will learn and utilize the latest computer applications throughout the academic program. Laboratory experiences, field trips, and student club activities are an integral part of the student’s academic experience.
- Provides fundamental applied knowledge of the concepts of estimating, scheduling, superintendency and project management
- Students will be able to apply computer software to various construction management processes
- Includes a required internship and opportunities for developing practical knowledge and experience
- Supported by local industry and professional organizations
- Excellent career opportunities for starting positions and advancement
- Internship opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
CCSU’s Bachelor of Science in Construction Management program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
Entry level positions such as assistant superintendent, project engineer and junior estimator are typical. Graduates soon become project managers, superintendents and chief estimators for construction management firms, general contractors and specialty contractors. Our graduates are highly sought after as a result of their acquired practical knowledge and state of the art computing skills. With this degree, our graduates progress quickly through the professional ranks.
- In Fall 2017, 34 CM B.S. students were awarded the Dean’s List recognition for achieving a 3.50 GPA
- The student Nicholas Epifano was also awarded the President’s List recognition for achieving a 4.0 GPA
- In Spring 2017, 33 CM B.S. students were awarded the Dean’s List recognition for achieving a 3.50 GPA
- The students William Markelon and Robert Mirabello were also awarded the President’s List recognition for achieving a 4.0 GPA
- The student Darian D’Amato was awarded the Professional Women in Construction (PWC) Scholarship (May 2017)
- The students Sean Allen and Emily Brenner were awarded the National Science Foundation (NSF) - International Research Experience for Students (IRES) Scholarship (May 2016)