Central to Instruction Techniques for Creativity.
CCSU’s BSEd in Art Education prepares students for a Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade teaching certification in Connecticut. Students develop into well-educated and competent art teachers ready to assume the responsibilities of planning and executing elementary and secondary art programs. This includes instruction in art production, art history and culture, art criticism, and aesthetics.
Graduates assume leadership roles in promoting art programming and the need for art education. Students and graduates demonstrate professionalism through involvement in community activities and professional organizations at the local, state, and national levels.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes are on-campus
- Engage with contemporary art education theory and methods
- Cohort classes build camaraderie and a strong support system
- More than 60 hours of field experience before Student Teaching
- Opportunity to exhibit personal artwork in the Annual Art Educators Show
- Experience teaching students with Saturday Arts Workshop during Junior Year
- Knowledgeable, diverse, and energetic faculty engaged in actively exhibiting artwork in galleries, museums, and theaters of national and international scope
- Internship and study abroad opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available