J-1 Scholars

Under the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, research scholars and professors may come to the United States for temporary periods for the purpose of educational exchange. A visiting professor is defined as an individual who is primarily engaged in teaching or lecturing, while a research scholar's primary focus is research.