Campus Recreation hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, such as challenges, competitions, and social media contests. As an organization, we like to touch on all aspects of recreation thereby having something everyone can enjoy.
- An indoor triathlon that consisted of running on our suspended track, biking on our stationary bikes, and climbing on stair climbers.
- A 5K we host in collaboration with other CT universities. Participants get a CT Collegiate 5K shirt and the opportunity to win a bunch of participatory prizes and gifts!
- In addition to our ongoing Intramural Leagues, we also host out-of-season tournaments throughout the semester! That way if you missed initial sign-ups, you can still participate in the fun!
Basketball 3-Point Shootout
- Students get the opportunity to shoot their shot and prove their basketball prowess! Two rounds with 15 shots each is all students get to reach the top!
- By popular demand, throughout the semester we host themed yoga nights! Examples include Spooky Yoga during Halloween and Twilight Yoga on the first couple days of Spring.
- We have recently done a Paint-A-Pot event, where students paint flower plots and get to take home their very own succulent! We also hold a Paint-A-Pumpkin event where students paint and take home their own pumpkin!
- During our event weeks, we’ve hosted meditations live on our Instagram, where students can join in and relax to a session hosted by our staff!
- We’ve partnered with NIRSA to deliver hundreds of live and pre-recorded workouts at recmovement.com. We hosted a competition in which the top 3 students who had the most accumulated minutes after a month received prizes.
Social Media Challenges
- Throughout the semester, we host a variety of social media challenges! Such things include giveaways, trivia questions, and bingo games!