We're Here to Help.
The Office of Financial Literacy provides financial literacy education, guidance, and support to prospective and current CCSU students. Our workshops and resources cover a number of important issues students face as they make the transition to college life. Our purpose is to provide students the knowledge and support they need to successfully navigate the challenges that come along with financing an education, living on their own for the first time, managing the financial aid process, and paying their bills. Our resources are also designed to lay the groundwork for major decisions they will make upon graduation, such as managing student debt, graduate school and other important financial decisions.
Our main goal is to ensure each of our students earns the skills necessary to set a budget, track spending, pay off debt, and prepare for life after college. Financial literacy ensures students become self-sufficient and can achieve long term financial stability.
Throughout the year, the Office of Financial Literacy & Advising offers several on and off campus workshops designed to educate students on important topics, such as:
- Completing the FAFSA
- Financial aid, including scholarships, grants, student loans and parent loans
- Understanding your loans, repayment options and interest rates
- Maintaining a budget and money management
- Credit Scores, credit reports and the credit bureaus
- Opening and managing a bank account
- How to finance study abroad