The Minor in Community Engagement is an interdisciplinary program designed to provide students with the skills and creativity to solve problems in their own communities, and to develop students' own sense of self collective efficacy. The Community Engagement program allows students to build their civic agency, their interpersonal, leadership and advocacy skills, as well as their academic skills in critical analysis, appreciation for diversity, and an enhanced understanding of community issues and challenges. The program is ideal for students who seek academic and hands-on opportunities to make a measurable difference in improving the quality of life for citizens in the community and region.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for diversity
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of community issues and challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and confidence to take initiative to become involved citizens
- Understand knowledge relating to community engagement principles
- Demonstrate an ability to critically analyze problems occurring within society